*

*

Friday, July 23, 2010

Goodbyes...


Every morning the boys wave and shout sweet goodbyes out the window to Ryan as he leaves for work.

Leaving New Jersey is very bittersweet.

The bitter: saying goodbye to many dear friends. Friends who have witnessed Ryan and I expand from a family of 2 to a family of 4 and have helped shape who we are today. Leaving Hayden's first friends; children we've watch grow since infancy and whom we've come to adore. Traditions we've begun with other families and come to find comfort in annually. Friends who were quick to support me when Ryan left for training 3 months at a time, two consecutive summers. And our first house which quickly became a home, a haven. Where we brought our babies home from the hospital. Where I have learned over the years where all the Christmas decorations look just right.

The sweet: saying hello to many dear friends. Friends who have known me for 12 years. Friends who are counting down the days until I return to Ohio. Reuniting with 3 girl friends who I laughed uncontrollably through 4 years of college, yet have also seen me through my low times.

But in the end, I'm extremely grateful. Grateful that we've been blessed with friends dear enough that my heart aches at leaving them and grateful that we've been blessed with friends dear enough that my heart rejoices at the reunions that are near.

Don't be dismayed at goodbyes. A farewell is necessary before you can meet again. And meeting again, after moments or lifetime, is certain for those who are friends. ~Richard Bach