*

*

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

First Snow

Yesterday was the first snow of the season.  It was merely a dusting but this did not diminish the excitement of two little boys.  It took quite some time to layer the boys in clothes.  (they really cannot move as quick with snowpants, boots and layer after layer on top...hmmm.... :)

Ryan was at work and I didn't want to take Owen out in the cold weather so he and I nestled by the window to watch.

We have a VERY small hill in the field behind our house.  Armed with saucers, they made their way to the 'hill.'  Logan was a bit skeptical about all this; although, after one ride down, he was hooked.  For over an hour they took turns pushing each other down the hill; sometimes sharing a saucer for the ride down which always ended in giggles.  They couldn't seem to climb the hill fast enough. I remember that eagerness from sledding with my sister as a child.

Snow brings such a softness to the Earth. I love how it muffles sound, as if commanding your attention to its beauty and purity.  I really wanted to be outdoors with them and capture pictures but there was something special about watching from afar. 

Two brothers sledding, falling, crashing, climbing, helping, giggling in a beautiful dance on a stage of white.

They can't wait to go out again....

Cheeks all rosy

Hot chocolate and popcorn awaited their return.