*

*

Sunday, February 26, 2012

Sweetness!

While he still challenges us at times, overall, Hayden is such a delightful, respectful, energetic and thoughtful little boy.  He is really starting to think outside himself and is becoming more aware of other people's feelings/needs. For example, one day, when I was teetering on the edge, he quietly came up to me and gave me a hug while saying, "your the best mommy ever." Or if he sees my hands are full, he'll grab the bathroom trashcan and bring it downstairs without me needing to ask.

Important to note, while picking Hayden up from preschool one day last week, a mother stopped me in the hallway to say, "Hayden has the best manners." She had spent the morning observing the preschool class (her daughter is in his class) and wanted me to know how impressed she was. I guess all the reminding and reminding (which can seem endless) that we  do at home does translate to outside the home...good to know!


The other morning before preschool Hayden was intensely working on a drawing.  It almost always feels like a mad dash in the last 5 minutes before getting all 3 boys out the door so I never got to see his picture complete before we left.  When I returned home, I found his picture laying on top of the pile of clean towels folded and stacked, ready to go upstairs.  It was a sweet way for him to let me know he was thinking of me.






He later explained the picture.  It is a stegosaurus with a volcano in the background.  If you look closely, you'll notice a smiling face in the neck of the dinosaur.  That is Hayden controlling the robot stegosaurus.  He wrote his name at the bottom with a 5 indicating his age and an F for his last name.