*

*

Monday, December 29, 2008

Christmas Eve & Christmas Day 2008

This was only our second Christmas not traveling and while it was wonderful to relax and not deal with the hassle of road or airways it felt 'different' not being surrounded with family.
Christmas Eve we went to the children's service at our church which Hayden was sitting nicely and attentive for the duration...whew! He looked very handsome in his sports coat!!! After dinner we all got in our PJ's and drove around looking at Christmas lights. Hayden kept singing to the Christmas carols on the radio...very cute. When we returned home we were sure to sprinkle Reindeer food on our lawn. Hayden REALLY wanted to try some. Then, we went inside to put the sugar cookies on a plate for Santa. Yes, remember the sugar cookies we made a couple days prior...the ones that he wouldn't even lick let alone taste. Well, as we were putting them on the plate for Santa we heard, "hmmmm, good Mommy!' Guess who ate up the cookies!!!!
Hayden opened his stocking gifts first thing. After homemade waffles (time consuming...don't recommend) we opened gifts under the tree and then worked on cooking Christmas dinner. Based on the selection of gifts we got for Hayden, I realized that I miss teaching more then I thought and channel that passion towards teaching Hayden things. Every gift was educational whether it be ABC, 123 flashcards, lots of books, mini computer with letter/number/opposite games, place mats with US pictured identifying all the states.... While I look forward to returning to the classroom, right now I am enjoying my favorite pupil of all time!


Reindeer Food

Eating Santa's cookies!