*

*

Friday, August 21, 2009

Big Boys!


Pure joy!


After Story Hour at the book store.


I did it!!!


Working hard on a 'big boy' puzzle.


Tracing letters of the alphabet.


Look at me!


(from my sister's camera...sorry so small but very cute of Logan 'flying'

Both boys are doing bigger boy 'things' recently. Hayden continues to refine his self-control (thankfully)! This is evident during the Barnes and Noble story hour. We have tried to go in the past only to leave with me in a sweat after trying to get him to remain seated throughout the duration. Now when we go, he sits on the little bench, is most attentive, participates in the songs and enjoys all the books. It nearly brought me to tears the first time because I thought, finally, some self-control...this might open new doors for us. He is also starting to really think outside himself. For example, he holds doors open for me (without asking) so I can maneuver Logan's stroller. Hayden's logistical skills are also developing. He is starting to enjoy jigsaw puzzles. He is able to navigate them and visualize the picture better. Hayden has always been sweet and great company, but as he gains more independence and self-control I find I am enjoying him in new ways.

Logan continues to warm our days with his constant joyful smile and deep belly laugh! He loves to sit in his booster seat at the table. I think mainly because he is 'like' Hayden. The boys exchange glances across the table and just giggle...very sweet. Although then, they start to exchange noises, repeating squeals after one another and laughing hysterically. Meal time is certainly louder at our house these days.