*

*

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Everythings Is More Fun With Bugs!


Hayden was practicing writing his numbers neatly and then asked Logan to identify them.









I love to capitalize on teachable moments. It's the teacher in me I guess. The other Saturday I took all three grocery shopping. I usually only take the two little ones while Hayden is at preschool during the week when the store is virtually empty. But, our fridge broke and after losing EVERYTHING, I needed to do a big trip and Saturdays the store is packed. Ryan was working on his thesis.


Hayden decided it would be fun to bring a little notebook and pencil! This turned out to be the best idea. He and Logan sat in the 'car' portion of a shopping cart; seatbelts a MUST! Otherwise, they get in and out. Each time I picked up an item to put in the cart, I told the name of it to Hayden. He then identified the first letter and wrote it in his notebook. If he had already written the letter, he put a check mark next to it. This kept him occupied the whole trip. Bonus, Logan even chimed in with a few of the correct letters!

A neighbor was recently cleaning out her cabinet and gave us Bug Math. Hayden got really involved and enjoying the addition work. To extend the learning, I had him write out the equation on a dry erase board.


Meanwhile, I had Logan working on matching colors and patterns which hasn't clicked yet, but it will.
















Teaching the boys really makes my heart leap!