Hayden also enjoyed a Halloween party at Family Circle Playgroup. I couldn't even get him to look up from his plate to smile at the camera. He really liked the ghost cupcake somebody brought in. Hayden also liked passing out little 'ghosts' we made for his friends by covering a lollipop with a napkin and tying a string around the stick. He told each friend as he handed them one, "Here, this is a ghost. I made it for you." It was very sweet. He also confided in me (on our way to the bathroom) that he really 'liked Grace's dress.' I think he might be smitten!
Last night we went to a friend's house for more festivities. The kids made 'spiders' out of a marshmellow, pretzel sticks and m&m's. They listened to a Halloween book about a scarecrow and culminated the evening by watching a parade in town.
Then, today, Halloween, we carved a pumpkin and prepared the seeds for roasting.
Whew...we haven't even gone trick-or-treating yet!
(as far as costumes, Hayden is 'Buzz Light Year' a wonderful hand-me-down from his big cousin Tyler. Logan is a tiger thanks to our neighbor who let us borrow the costume. They are very expensive to purchase so we were grateful this year to have aquired them).

The boys in their Halloween shirts.

At the parade

Logan wide-eyed with all the lights and sounds.

Making his 'spider.' (I was impressed he completed the spider before eating the marshmellow)

Family Circle Party

Yummy!

Baking


Ryan's craftmanship along with Hayden's input.

Our Favorite Pumpkin!