*

*

Monday, February 22, 2010

Take Two!






We celebrated Logan's birthday again with daddy. I just got cupcakes from the supermarket and Hayden made sure we each had a party hat to wear (remember, he has always loved to wear hats). After singing 'Happy Birthday,' Hayden helped him blow out the candle. Both boys enjoyed the cupcakes; Hayden just licked the icing off and left the cake. When I first put Logan's gift on his tray (he was still sitting in his booster seat) he tried to lick the wrapping paper. I guess since he only sits in there to eat he thought this must be something to put in my mouth....it was funny. Again, big brother came to his side to 'help.' Both boys tore off the paper and not sure who was most excited to play with the toy but glad it seemed to be a winner.

I distinctively remember last year, this same day, when Logan was exactly one week old. I remember feeling a twinge of melancholy because he was already one week old and I knew time would fly. I was right, it has. His first birthday is bittersweet (as with each of Hayden's). I am overjoyed to watch them grow, learn and develop into their own little self but saddened that the years are passing so quickly.