*

*

Saturday, April 27, 2013

Shhhhh!

Owen is saying, "Shhh!  Don't tell my big brothers that I'm at the zoo while they are in school."

It was a beautiful morning and we arrived just when the zoo was opening and seemed to have it all to ourselves....with the animals, of course.  It was fun to do something special with just Owen.  I got to savor his reactions, expressions and move at his pace.

He was in wonder....
at times nervous...



and confused when he couldn't find an animal.

 
We see this albino peacock wandering the zoo each visit but this was the first time it fanned it's feathers for us.
 
 


After looking up at the giraffes he turned to me a little anxious and just after snapping this picture he asked me to pick him up.


I'll admit, I didn't mind when he felt a bit nervous because he would slide his hand into mine. Typically, he is too big boy/ independent to ever hold hands.
 
 
It was a special and fun morning!