*

*

Friday, May 10, 2013

Mother's Day Tea

                                   

About ten days ago Hayden asked if he could lay his clothes out for the Mother's Day Tea his teacher was hosting.  He showed me which nice shirt he was going to wear.  With the risk of his clothes getting wrinkled laying on the floor for 10 days I convinced him to wait.

Almost two days out, he couldn't take the wait any longer and this is what I found on his floor.




The morning of the tea Hayden was swift to get dressed and walked in my room looking sharp.  He showed me how he had buttoned both the buttons (usually we leave the top unbuttoned) on his shirt.  It was also evident that he had combed his hair and he marveled at how smooth he got it to look. 

Hayden's teacher is fabulous for so many reasons! She has set the bar high and really outdid herself this morning.  I'll walk you through the event.

Hanging in the hallway was writing for us to read:

"I love my mommy because she cares about me adn she gives me hugs and kisses.  She plays with me.  I love my mommy!


We walked into a classroom which was transformed with pink tablecloths, printed nametags, a beverage station, a snack station and all the kids lined up holding pictures of us (moms) that they drew.


  They went down the line reading something they love about their mommy.
 

"I love my mom because she cares about me'
 
After their reading they sang 4 songs about loving mommy complete with choreographed hand motions.
 Next, each child served their mommy with a plate of snacks and a beverage.  We got to chat and visit with our child. 

But that wasn't it.  After snacking Hayden brought over some more goodies.

Another book:

"My mom really likes to cuddle with me and shop."
"My mom always forgets to turn on my fan."
"My mom is happy when I give her a hug and kiss."
"My mom's favorite color is blue."

"My mother's hair is brown."
"My mom's eyes are blue."
She is as tall as my bookcase."
"My mom looks the best when she wears a skirt."

                                     

"I love when my mom cuddles with me."
"My favorite thing about my mom is she loves me."
"My favorite things to do with my mom are read books and play games."


Below is breakfast-in-a-bag for Sunday morning.

 
Below is a short poem about mothers, Hayden's handprint and five different photos of him on each flower.  This, like most of the other things, is laminated.
 
(in reference to the picture below: Yes, I did have powder on my face.  No, my forehead wasn't greasy.  Not sure what happened. :)
 

 
 
Towards the end, Hayden said, "This is the best day of my life."
 
Hayden has always had a huge heart.  Today, he totally melted mine.  So thankful for this sweet boy and our special morning!