Our Ohio neighborhood group of friends wanted to Face Time Hayden to wish him a happy birthday. All the kids were gathered and sang to him! After getting off the phone Hayden said, "That was the best birthday present ever." Couldn't agree more! After being gone for 16 months Ohio still tugs at my heart. In fact, as soon as I caught glimpse of everybody I wanted nothing more than to transport our family back to Bellbrook. The waterworks overtook me and I couldn't even speak. What a sweet gesture!
Next to our favorite ice cream shop (which we visit faithfully) is a Radio Shack. They always have discount toys displayed in the window. The boys always crouch on the sidewalk to peak. For several weeks in a row there was a Spy Kit. It was originally $89 marked down to $29. It included a spy watch (which can take short videos, still photos, a 'bug' detector and a light), flashlight which transforms into a periscope, a secret pen that's ink can only be visible with the small black light attached to it, glasses which allow you to see behind you while facing forward and a voice changer with 6 different voices. Over several visits Hayden would sit outside the window and nearly drool over all the missions he could complete with such devices. So, it wasn't a big surprise when he handed us this paper with his birthday gift request complete with drawings of the different objects. We now have an official spy amongst us and have actually had to establish the rule that you don't use your spy watch to take a picture of somebody going to the bathroom. I told Hayden that as a mom, I have internal-seeing-behind-you glasses. And now, when I ask them to clean up their toys I can do so in a robot voice--much more effective. :)
"Agent Spy"
Hayden and Logan were helping me make a special snack for Hayden's birthday party. I'll leave you in suspense until I post the party photos this weekend.
While Hayden was at camp Logan and Owen helped me make the cupcakes/cake for his party. Truth be told, this is one of Owen's first times helping me bake. It usually just so happens (wink) that we bake during Owen's nap. Although, he did a great job listening so maybe he'll get dusty with flour again soon.