*

*

Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Fall Crafts

Here are a couple of recent projects....

I came across this Pumpkin/Apple/Hayride sign last year online and knew I wanted to make one too.  While on an early morning run I saw a wooden pallet somebody left by the side of the road and knew I could use it.  After dropping the big boys off at school I loaded the pallet into the back of the van.  The next step was to hammer the boards apart.  Every time I successfully detached a board Logan was squeal, "Great job Mommy!"  Ryan sawed the boards and built the sign.  Next, we painted it in several layers and sanded in some areas to give it a distressed appearance.  Lastly, after printing out the provided stencil for the letters, I painted the words.



Another project was the 'Give Thanks' sign which was super simple.  I printed the letters off the computer and decoupage them onto cereal boxes. Lastly, I strung them onto twine.
 
Another project idea taken from online.  An afterthought was how fun it would have been to use glow-in-the dark paint for the ghosts.