*

*

Sunday, December 22, 2013

Christmas Crafts

Here are some of our recent crafts....

I loved my autumn sign so much that I decided to paint a Christmas one.  In fact, I have gotten hold of another pallet and hope to make two more--for spring and summer.  Too much?!?






Our hand-print Christmas tree  (on canvas). Notice Owen's hands (the top) are not much smaller than Logan's.



I found this idea online.  1. Using sharpie markers draw pictures on white tissue paper (protect your table by placing a blank piece of paper underneath.  2. Afterwards, cut off as much excess tissue paper around the pictures and wrap around your candle.  3. Cover with a piece of wax paper that you pull taut.  4.Lastly, (the website said to use a heat gun but my hair dryer worked great) heat the image.  You will see it sort of melt.  The tissue paper adheres to the candle.  Peel off the wax paper and enjoy. On the reviews I read people commented that once the flame burned down low enough the tissue paper ignited.  We used a flameless battery (wax) candle.  This is a gift for the boys' Great Grandmom and Great Grandpop.


 
This is a snowman wreath made with tennis balls.  It is a gift for our sweet friend, Eddi, who lives across the street.  She is an avid tennis player, LOVES (collects) snowmen and is a huge Bama fan (hence the crimson hat).