*

*

Sunday, December 12, 2010

That's A Wrap!


We had planned to get our Christmas tree last Saturday. We were told that there are many tree farms in Ohio where you can cut down your own. This sounded like SO much fun! It was snowing on Saturday. Big, fluffy flakes danced to the ground providing a flawless, white blanket and brought a sweet hush to our world (I've always loved the stillness and quiet snow can bring). Thankfully, the snow was only sticking to the grass and not the roads which made our travel possible (it was about 40 minutes away). This particular farm had horses pull a wagon to bring us out to the trees. We meandered through rows and rows of evergreens; their green branches punctuated with white snow. I felt like I was either on a movie set or in a Thomas Kinkaid painting. (although, Logan's nervous crying--he's very cautious in new situations--kept me grounded in reality). After looking at many trees, we found one we liked best and Ryan chopped it down. Then, the horse drawn cart picked us back up and returned us to the parking lot. Except for my frozen toes, I didn't want to leave this winter wonderland! We drove home, listening to Christmas music, our tree strapped to the roof of the car---as they say in the movies, 'that's a wrap!' What a perfect day!