*

*

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Our Builders!

Recently, I was on my way to Barnes & Noble to take the boys to story hour when I noticed my tire looked flat.  So, detoured to the service station where they found a screw embedded but luckily it could be patched.  While we waited for the work to be done the boys and I walked to Home Depot which was just across the parking lot.  This store is VERY entertaining with the lawn mowers to sit on, tools to look at etc.
 It was during this visit that I learned the first Saturday of every month they have a kid workshop.  FREE!  It is a drop-in, parent assisted project, between 9 and noon. We arrived yesterday and were delighted that this month's project was building a race car!!!!  The boy's eyes lit up upon this realization. So perfect for two matchbox car, construction vehicles, trucks and anything with wheels lovers!
It was well organized and the instructions were easy to follow.  After about 30 minutes both boys completed their project.  They gave both boys an orange apron to keep.  Hayden keeps calling it a skirt, 'Mom, can I wear my skirt?"  He wore it almost all day yesterday. 







We already can't wait until April's project!