Ryan has a few days off between school terms. With two train-loving boys, we ventured to the Entertrainment museum about 40 minutes from our house. It did not disappoint!!!! It was fabulous and magical for grown-ups as well!
As you entered the museum you are greeted by the facades of store fronts and restaurants giving the impression that you are near a train station. Next, you walk into a large room with the most impressive model train exhibit. I wish I had an audio of the boys because they both kept saying, 'wow' in complete awe.
The exhibit is set up by time periods, beginning with the earliest trains and bringing you into modern day--all complete with accurate architecture/clothing etc. per period. It was interesting to witness the development of technology in other ways parallel that of the rail system.
Lastly, there is a play area complete with climbing equipment and the like.
Note: I did not get ANY great pictures of the boys! It was simply that my shutter is not fast enough and they were constantly turning their heads in search of a train...too busy to pose for mommy!




