When you are the third child, you are born into an already busy schedule. Unfortunately, it doesn't usually revolve around baby. A handful of times a week, I have to wake Owen from a nap to take Hayden to soccer practice or pick him up from preschool. He always looks so peaceful and it hurts my heart to stir his slumber.
But, our persistently happy Owen, is all smiles. I think it is just an innate survival skill the third child learns; to be flexible. Owen can nap in the stroller on the soccer field or at the swimming pool/beach, he can sleep in my arms at church or catch a power nap in his car seat. Typically, I try to be home for his morning and afternoon nap, but if I can't, at least I know he'll catch a wink anyhow.
And when he wakes, my heart will leap out of my chest with his sweet smiles.