I truly cannot wrap my head around the fact that today Owen turns 1 year! While there are moments that I long for him to be a bit more independent so I can participate in activities with all three (rather then tending to baby and watching the big boys), I also want to cling fiercely to his baby days. When I carried the 1st birthday balloon up to the register, a lump grew in my throat and tears blurred my eyes...our final baby becoming a toddler.
Owen is sweet, charming, sensitive, affectionate, silly and playful. He is generous with smiles and warms our home. Recently, he has started to stand unassisted for a short time and cruises along the couch. Whenever anybody starts singing Owen claps his hands. He loves to be with his brothers and part of their play.
We had some friends over for a bbq yesterday and celebrated Owen's birthday with cake after dinner. At first Owen was skeptical over the party hat, curious over the birthday singing and cautious with the cake. He actually started to fuss a bit in his highchair until I helped him taste the cake. Suddenly, a huge grin spread over his face and he dug in for another bite. A few minutes later, at Hayden's request, Ryan played a song on his phone which prompted Owen to now clap and cheer.
(ice cream cake)
The party hat wasn't worn too long
Love how excited Logan is for Owen
Happy Boy!
Hayden and Aubree were in the same preschool class last year in Ohio. Her family just relocated to FL this July!
Owen and his buddy, Treyson
Happy Birthday sweet Owen!