*

*

Monday, December 17, 2012

Darkness

Thinking about the parents' whose hearts broke last Friday.  Those who urgently traveled to the firehouse to reunite with their children only to be met with a nightmare.  To have driven home with the backseat empty is unbearable.

And for those children, I fervently hope that somehow a shield transcended around them, in their final moments, and protected them from fear and pain.

May those innocent, sweet angels and heroic teachers/staff, guide their families from the depths of their grief.  Praying that they can somehow find air to breath again.  Praying they can emerge from the darkness.  Praying their shattered hearts can be woven with the threads of happy memories. 

NOTE:  I got the 'Prayers' picture below off the internet.  I realize the caption reads Newton instead of Newtown but I am not sure how to change it since I cut and pasted the picture