I had wanted to decorate gingerbread houses this year but wasn't sure how to go about making the houses. Then, I came across graham cracker houses on a friend's blog and knew that was the perfect solution.
It was much more difficult building the graham cracker houses then it may seem. We were thankful that I bought this (Family Size):
Believe it or not, we almost went through the entire box!!! Some packages were set aside for snacking since they were broken (I think the box was dropped at some point).
Ryan carefully chisled edges to create triangles for the roof. Many ended up cracking during this process and ultimately became snacks.
Hayden did a pretty good job putting his house together and just needed a little bit of help (mostly for the roof). It was comical at times but in the end we had three decent structures.
The next day we made another batch of (royal) icing and started eating decorating.
Hayden's
Logan's
Laura & Ryan's
This was way too much fun to not do every year!