This was the boys' breakfast on Valentine's Day. I used a heart-shaped cookie cutter for their waffles and they each received a new Valentine's book and box of candy hearts!
While the picture looks so still and calm I thought I would reveal the behind-the-scenes!
The boys were up by 6:15, as usual, and we were all excited that Logan was now 4!!!! Since Logan didn't have preschool we decided he should open his gifts from us in the morning so he could play with them all day rather than waiting until after dinner and then try and put him to bed! Everybody had to be dressed before the gifts could be open AND it had to be done before daddy left at 6:50 a.m. The boys were very motivated and threw their clothes on running into the kitchen with collars up, hair awry, buttons un-done and bare feet exclaiming they were ready. We got Logan 3 presents and we decided he could open 2 and we'd save the 3rd (which is more of a messy outdoor toy) for after dinner. Well, all the wrapping paper was the same and I accidentally gave him the wrong two to open so he ended up opening all 3! Now, they boys were eager to go outdoors and try to spray spiderman web all over the yard but we held them back. The Iron Man toy needed batteries but by now Ryan had left and i just didn't have a moment to get the screw driver and put in batteries. This left one final toy for Logan to play with at the moment--a Spiderman glove.
By now I was working on breakfast and in my hurry knocked over a full OPEN box of Cherrios which were now spread all over the floor. Not long later Hayden accidentally spilled his OJ on Logan's Spiderman glove (the one of the three toys he could play with)
In a furry I was cleaning up the mess, feeding everybody, putting together lunches (which is mostly done the night before--thank goodness!) and trying to prep for a coffee/play date I was hosting for Logan. Oh, and I changed all the bedsheets because well, that is what I do Thursday mornings and why break routine!?
So, there really was quite a lot of chaos behind that picture but overall it was a happy morning, Hayden still got to school on-time and eventually the spiderman glove did dry!
Here are some other pics from the morning.
And look at the branflake that was in my cereal!
Overall, it was a good day, but busy. I was more than ready for bed...in my clean sheets.