*

*

Saturday, February 16, 2013

Mythbusters

In effort to find some family friendly television which also maintains grown-up interest we've turned to the science channel.  We recently recorded a Mythbusters episode which the boys loved!  After it was over our scientist got to work quickly creating their own tests.

Hypothesis:  If I launch a car off the orange launcher shooting it off the wooden ramp will it puncture a hole in the plastic bag.  (Hayden's words were more like, "I want to try and see if I can make a hole in this.")

 
Result: No
 
 
 
Hypothesis:  If I secure the tent flap in the corners with velcro can I throw a ball hard enough to disconnect?  


 

 
Result: Yes!
 
 
We love how the show sparked their creativity but I suppose we better preview the episodes before playing them.  There was an episode once where they placed their toothbrushes near a toilet!