On our return drive from South Carolina we stopped in Atlanta to visit my dear friend Jen and her family. Jen is also a graduate from Miami and student taught in Germany with me. We backpacked just about every weekend together while in Germany. Ahhh...the memories! She has two gorgeous little girls. It was wonderful to see her!!
After leaving Jen's we drove 3 hours to spend the night in Montgomery, AL. Ryan is in Squadron Officer School for two months at Maxwell, AFB. I should of snapped a picture of he and the boys but I was really just surviving on fumes after not sleeping all week. We arrived around 4 pm and took the boys to dinner and then hung out in the hotel. We left the following morning around 9:30.
Hayden came home from school on Monday and said, "Mrs. Cook asked us what our favorite part of spring break was and do you know what I said?" "I said it was seeing Daddy at the hotel." Ryan hasn't been gone for an extended period of time in two years. We are a bit rusty and Hayden is old enough to know that two months is a long time. We are hopeful that Ryan will be able to make it home for a couple of weekends.