*

*

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Spring Break

I took the boys up to South Carolina to visit my parents for spring break.  The big boys had been counting the sleeps for weeks!  They just couldn't wait to see MiMi and PopPop and stay at the 'mountain house.' 
 
The older boys have been interested in guns recently; just innate boy stuff I guess as the intrigue wasn't prompted by anything.  I told them that PopPop used to hunt with his Dad when he was a young boy and that he still has his first gun.  They couldn't wait to see it!
 
 
 


 
Below they are holding a sword that was my Grandfather's.


The weather turned out to be much colder than predicted.  MiMi played games daily with the big boys for entertainment.  Here they are setting up the game Cootie.  Memory, Chutes & Ladders and Chinese Checkers were the most popular.

Owen started to cut his I-teeth our first day. He didn't eat anything for 3 days straight.  Here is a picture of PopPop offering him mango sorbet and he loved it--two scoops for him!  Unfortunately, because of his teeth, Owen was not his typical cheery, easy-going self.  He was quite challenging, at best. 

 
 
I love this picture below of Owen sitting like a big boy

We went over to visit my Grandparents.  My Grandfather turns 95 this week!
 
Lots of March Madness in the basement with PopPop.
 
 
I didn't take as many pictures as usual.  We also went to two children's museums: Hands On in Hendersonville and The Children's Museum in Greenville.  The boys walked up the hill and threw rocks with PopPop and rode their scooters in their driveway a few times.  MiMi shared a large hornets nest that was in a tree they had to recently cut down. 
 
The big boys had a great time.  I was sleep deprived and weary from Owen but grateful for all the help.