It started with an airplane ride. Hayden and Logan have both flown before although, I'm not sure either remember (certainly not Logan who was a baby). Here we are mid-flight headed to Virginia.
Logan couldn't wait to fly!!! He anticipated it for days. Hayden on the other hand, who has a bit of an anxious streak in him, was nervous. As we sat, in the plane, at the gate waiting to depart Logan kept looking over at me and gleefully asking, "Are we flying yet??!!" Finally, we accelerated and took off to which he said, "this is awesome!"
Owen was an excellent passenger on our outbound flights. After a fun-filled 10 days of traveling and flights scheduled during his nap time, I'm not sure Owen made many friends on the return flights. After we exited the plane into the terminal back in Florida I saw an illuminated restaurant sign called 'Helenback.' I wearily turned to Ryan, pointed to the sign and said, 'Well, we just went there.' :)
We arrived at Allison's on a Wednesday afternoon. The big boys and Ryan went to watch his cousins compete in a swim meet. Except for Owen, the other five cousins all slept in the same room. I still heard giggling at 9: 15 pm when I collapsed in bed from a long day of traveling. We spent the next day, Thursday, at Allison's house. Even as they are growing older and despite gender differences, the cousins continue to adore one another and play beautifully. We went to the swimming pool in the morning and pretend play filled the afternoon. (I don't have great pictures from this day) They created a hotel/restaurant game. Emma was the chef, Logan her assistant.
Molly worked the front desk with Hayden. Julia and I were the customers. Julia (age 4), who was actually feeling hungry, kept ordering goldfish crackers. When I was seated as a new customer Julia turned to me looking disappointed and said, "It doesn't matter what you order, all you get are blocks." (toy Mega Blocks were used as food)
PopPop came over in the morning to visit for a bit. It was his birthday and the kids had fun running out to his car to greet him with birthday wishes and hugs. We had baked some cookies to celebrate. Owen was catching up with conversation and cuddles.