I took the boys to the Y yesterday morning so I could get my long run in on the treadmill. It was great because when we walked into the childcare room Hayden saw somebody he knew from school. It was very sweet because the other boy walked over to Hayden and gave him a great big hug and then they sat to play. Logan also had a good friend from his school so everybody was happy. (Owen goes to the Y often during the week while the other boys are at school).
There was a small snowcone stand outside the Y as we were leaving so I treated the boys. They even got to pour on their own syrup. Hayden chose Tiger Blood, Logan braved the Mystery Flavor (he said he loved it and when I asked what it tasted like he responded, "rotten bananas.") and Owen received the clear flavor which was pina colada.
Ryan called to Skype as we were eating. Hayden had a few minutes to himself to talk with Daddy.
Then, as we were getting into the van to drive home he said, "I just wish Daddy was here!" (pause) "Are there any Daddysitters?"
I asked, "What do you mean exactly?"
Hayden said, "Like a babysitter but who is a Daddy."
I was thankful at that moment that I had sunglasses on to shield my eyes and the drive home to try to overcome the hurt I felt for him. Overall, the boys are handling the deployment well and we are keeping busy, busy, busy to help make time pass quickly.
