Saturday, June 14, 2014
The Moment
We've waited five months
For THIS moment
inherently perfect
simply because
we're in it
together
anticipation mounting
heart swelling
eyes blurring
soul intoxicated
purely with the
daydream
of this
moment
My nights
were his days
While three boys slept
I'd wrestle with worry
quelling the pit
in my stomach
with prayer
checking my phone
always
pre-dawn
for his message
"I love you"
Many days
I was weary
weary from worry
weary from missing him
weary from bearing
the home front
Many days
I was strong
strengthened by support
from family
bolstered by encouragement
from friends
propped by prayer
from faith
And then
I stood
there we stood,
us four
awaiting
THIS
moment
Proud to be
an American
Proud to be
an Air Force family
to have served
our country whose colors
we wore.
Within this said
moment
it was over
the wait
the worry
there he was
before us
my husband
their daddy
Instantly, I was
overcome with emotion
overtaken with relief
overwhelmed with joy
watching our boys
leap into their Daddy's
outstretched arms
soaking in the power
of togetherness
And then,
it was my turn
atlas
for his embrace
my heart bursting
with wholeness
It is beautiful
It is powerful
the moment of
reunion
Family and Friends,
A sincere thank you for your unconditional love, support, encouragement and prayer that you covered our family with these last 5 months. We were both overwhelmed and humbled many times by your thoughtfulness and generosity. You all made all the difference!!!
On our return from the airport yesterday Ryan shared with me for the first time that in addition to his desk job he was also a convoy commander and led over 60 convoys during his deployment. So proud of his service and so grateful for his safe return.
PICTURES TO COME--I had a friend/photographer capture our reunion and don't have the photos yet.