Just incase you are wondering, that is cinnamon sprinkled on top.
This is not my first post about coffee so it may be difficult to convince you that I really do only drink one cup a day; and some days none at all. But, I do enjoy 'that' cup of coffee and wait until mid-day to drink it for two reasons: 1. I usually need a boost of energy in the early afternoon. 2. Owen is napping which allows the big boys to usually engage in a 'big-kid' activity (i.e. Legos) meaning I have a fighting chance of drinking the entire cup while still warm without microwaving.
I cannot drink coffee without creamer. After reading the ingredient list (a couple years ago) on the back of the vanilla creamer and not recognizing any item on the list, I knew I wanted to search for a healthier option. I searched online and tried a recipe for homemade vanilla creamer. I tried to sell it to Ryan as I fought the terrible taste in the name of health. I never made another batch.
I have tried just milk and adding a drop of pure vanilla extract but it didn't make the cut either.
Recently, I came across another recipe online and it is a keeper! It even passed our home's biggest coffee
Vanilla Coffee Creamer
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup sugar
2 TBS pure vanilla extract
Combine water and sugar in small saucepan over medium heat stirring constantly until sugar is completely dissolved. Remove from heat and cool for 5 minutes. Stir in vanilla.
1 Can Sweetened Condensed Milk
2 Cups milk (I used 1 cup whole and 1 cup 2% simply because I had both on hand)
Shake all ingredients well. This will keep up to a week in the refrigerator (keep in mind the milk's expiration).
Assuming it would be very easy to make other flavors as well by just substituting the extract. i.e. peppermint around the holidays...

