*

*

Thursday, July 10, 2014

Hayden is 8!!!


Hayden turned 8 yesterday!  We are so very proud to be his parents.  Hayden only knows friends.  He makes them wherever we go: the store, the pool, the park...  His teachers always comment on what a nice friend he is to everybody at school.  Perhaps I shared, but I received a forwarded email from his  teacher. It was from another mother with a daughter in the classroom.  She just wanted to express what a thoughtful and kind boy Hayden was at school and how much her daughter looked forward to seeing him.

Hayden is light hearted!  He doesn't take himself too seriously.  He can take a joke and delivers them well too.  He gravitates towards humor and laughs out loud while watching a funny cartoon.

Hayden is kind.  For example, he immediately shared his birthday present with his brother and didn't even get bent out of shape after his brother lost it!  (we did finally recover the lost ninja turtle lego figure).  He also chose to spend some birthday money he received to buy his little brother a toy motorcycle. 

Hayden is intuitive and caring.  I have been humbled by him many occasions.  Several 'low/weak' moments of mine during Ryan's deployment there was Hayden, sensing my unraveling and reaching out to comfort me, "It's okay Mommy (he said with a hug once while rubbing my back).  I miss Daddy too." 

Hayden is athletic.  He learns sports with an apparent ease.  I specifically remember him when he was two years old studying the athletes on TV and mimicking them.  I especially enjoy watching him play soccer.

Hayden is creative.  He is always pulling things from our recycling and transforming them. (refer to the glasses he made above)  His last two teachers have commented how he is such an impressive out-of-the-box thinker.

Hayden is positive.  He looks on the bright side.  He transitions seamlessly. There have been occasions where I can remember complaining or venting about something and suddenly Hayden proposes the 'glass half full' scenario. 

A very Happy Birthday to our bright, funny, athletic, and sweet boy!  Our lives are enriched and our home happier because of you!