*

*

Friday, October 28, 2011

Showered With Love


In August, I was looking forward to a girl's dinner out with some friends.  However, it turned out to be a surprise baby shower for Owen.  When I arrived to the table, I was moved to tears.  My immediate thought was how blessed I was to be surrounded by a group of amazing women, whom I've only known less than a year, and that they'd make such an intentional effort to help us celebrate the pending arrival of our third boy. 

In my second wave of emotion, I was so touched by all the attention to detail which truly made the event so personal and special.  My friend Addie, (who is an excellent baker--living across the street, we benefit from many samples) made cookies shaped like a stroller and decorated them in such a loving way--complete with Owen's name and small (edible) pearls.  A former florist, she also made a beautiful flower arrangement using one of my favorite flowers, hydrangeas!

My other friend, Heather, made an adorable diaper  'cake' topped with a cuddly animal which I could envision Owen toddling around with in hand.

 The conversation was wonderful and gifts generous.  I am so excited to share the pictures someday with Owen so he knows despite being the third boy, he was anticipated with such joy and love!