*

*

Thursday, October 13, 2011

A Visit From MiMi

On her way to Kentucky, my mom stopped in town to visit us for several days. After feeling like I rounded a corner with getting Owen on a bit of a feeding 'schedule' (used loosely) I anticipated a relaxing visit.  While we all enjoyed the company, the week's events unfolded a bit differently then planned.

On Monday, we were looking forward to antiquing in quaint Waynesville with Logan and Owen during Hayden's preschool (he is at preschool from 9:15 to 1:15 on Mondays which would have given us quite a stretch).  Logan (who awoke VERY cranky, fell asleep on the drive out so we drove 20 minutes out of our way to give him a bit of extra sleep in hopes he'd awake cheery.  After arriving in town, we learned that the shops and restaurants were all closed on Mondays.  To add insult to injury, Logan awoke not quite as pleasant as we would have hoped.

On Tuesday, everybody awoke in good spirits. The weather was beautiful and Ryan was able to come home in the early afternoon (during Logan's nap) to spend time with Hayden while my mom and I took Owen to Waynesville.  Looking forward to a fun afternoon, we decided to tackle Logan's haircut in the morning.  Logan is afraid of haircuts and it is always a draining experience full of tears.  We have left before with only half a haircut because he's been so distraught. 

After getting a full tummy for Owen, we left for our afternoon of antiquing.  The weather was divine and Owen was fast asleep in the bjorn.  While in our first shop, my cell rang. It was Ryan.  We had to leave immediately to meet him at the hospital as an ambulance was taking Hayden (with Ryan) whose (Hayden's) head was heavily bleeding after cutting it open with a fall.  (I called a neighbor who came to the house to watch Logan until I dropped off my mom).  Details about this story in a later post.

Thankfully, in the end, Hayden did not have a concussion to accompany the deep cut and he was quickly his perky self.

Ahhh, we still had Wednesday; my mom's final day.  Due to the terrible hail storm we had back in the spring, every home in our neighborhood has been getting a new roof due to damages.  Well, our new roof was started Wednesday, complete with banging All. Day. Long!

Clearly, it didn't prove as relaxing as I had hoped, but in the end, we still had a lovely (memorable) visit.  As it turned out, I really needed my mom over those few days and I'm so thankful she was here.

The big boys enjoyed time with MiMi playing with cars,  coloring, riding bikes, decorating cookies and much more!  Owen bonded with MiMi who did countless feedings.

In addition to playing with the boys, my mom helped with dishes, laundry and errands--priceless!

We miss her already.