*

*

Sunday, November 10, 2013

13.1!!!


Today was my half marathon.  I was SO nervous last night.  I've run anywhere from 9 to 13 miles each weekend since early August so the distance didn't stress me much but the formalities of the race I guess.  I was hoping for a sub 2 hour time.  In fact, I had an image of a time pop into my mind yesterday. I couldn't shake it. I decided I would write it down, without telling Ryan until today. 

My unofficial posted race time is: 1:58.47

Here is a picture of Ryan, first thing in the door, looking at what I wrote yesterday: 1:58.46
 
Let's hope next time I envision 1:49 or something! :)
 
 
Pre-Race: My running partner, Jamie, and I showing off the shirts we made.  We wrote Hebrews 12.1
Let us run with perseverance, the race marked out for us. (she added her kid's footprints)
 
Any minute until the start....

 
Ryan and the boys waiting at the finish line.
 
There were many humorous signs people were holding along the way. My favorite was an older gentleman sitting in a chair holding a sign reading: Worst Parade Ever! Haha!
 
Here I come!
 
 
There I go...


Wohooo!!!  We did it!!!
 
Naturally, all the boys wanted to do after I finished was run!
 

 
 It took a lot of dedication, (sleep) sacrifice and time but proud to say I've done it.  Couldn't have done it without my running partner and support/encouragement from family and friends!  A big thank you to you all for feeling so excited for me. 
 
 
Earned!!