The kids were up early, eager to see each other, but Allison and I kept our mornings slow sipping coffee in our pj's and chatting with a swirl of activity fluttering around us.
The 'Infirmery' -- Taking turns being doctors and patients
Julia & Logan
Julia and Logan (both 3.5 years old) were playing a math boardgame. Somehow, without any disputing, they created their own rules and were quite happy. At one point, I overheard Julia say, "Well, I have to divide by 15 so I get to move here."
By noon, we would gather everybody and head out for lunch followed by an afternoon at the beach.
They stayed for 4 nights and 3 full days. During this short period we had lots to celebrate. On Wednesday, Hayden turned 6.5 which we noted with cinnamon rolls for breakfast. On Thursday, Molly turned 7 and on Friday, Emma turned 9!!!
Each girl got to pick their dinner and dessert. Molly chose ranch chicken strips, rice and white cake with orange icing.
Emma picked sweet and sour meatballs with spaghetti and make-your-own-sundae for dessert.
Owen received lots of attention...
Such a fun few days!!! We miss them dearly and have started another countdown until we see them again.