This might surprise some, but I am not on the infamous Pinterest (an online virtual bulliton board full of pictures, ideas or articles that you discover and 'pin' on the internet). Loving crafts (and organizing) I know I would get hooked! But, I just haven't found or carved out the time to explore this world. I do however, follow a hand-full of blogs and recently saw how somebody created a Valentine's Day wreath from coffee filters! Intriged by this inexpensive, yet pretty result, I decided I had to try it.
Naturally, I got my helpers involved.
First, we dipped chucks of coffee filters in paint-tinted water and then ran a paintbrush along the edges.
Next, we let them dry overnight. Meanwhile, we cut a heart out of cardboard and poked holes all over. When the filters were dry we seperated them and individually folded each one into a flower and pushed the twisted end into a hold. I will admit, this was tedious and not entirely fun (I suckered Ryan into helping by telling him this wreath is like a symbol of our love), but we are happy with the result.