The big boys are attending Vacation Bible School at our church this week. Although Logan was hesitant to attend, he was encouraged knowing he'd be in the same small group as his buddy (and of course that Hayden would be there). They have had a blast!
After the first day they came home with small tubes filled with mini M & Ms. They were told to earn quarters by completing chores and try to fill the container. (Note: Logan doesn't like M & M's and asked me if I could eat them for him---well, since it was for charity....) The boys told me the money would help kids without parents (There is a local organization that helps children who are abused and /or neglected). We brainstormed some chores they could offer to do for our neighbor across the street. Logan grabbed the dusting rag to dust a table for her. Hayden brought over our broom and swept her front porch.
One morning, before VBS, I found the boys in their bedroom emptying their piggy banks and donating all their quarters. I found this gesture heart warming.